www.ieport.comSTATUS MODIFICATION OF IEC:
In addition to updation of IEC, if there is any change in the existing IEC,
like change of directors, change of name or constitution, change of address or
addition/deletion of branch, the following documents are required to be
- Request letter on Letter Head for Status Modification.
- Application as per Appendix 2 and 3 in duplicate.
- Documentary evidence preferably Electric bill, telephone bill, lease
agreement copy, Sales Tax/Excise Certificate/SSI for change or inclusion of
addresses. For change of directors please submit copy of Form-32. In case of
change of name or change of constitution, ROC/Partnership deed copy as
applicable should be submitted.
- Also refer to para 9.1(b) of H.B.2002-2007 regarding change in name and
constitution is reproduced below.
" If there is any change in the name/address or constitution of IEC holder/licencee/Actual
User eligible for import without a licence/recognised status holders, the
concerned IEC holder/licencee/Actual User/status holders, as the case may be,
shall cease to be eligible to import or export against the licence/IEC N0. or
any other facility permitted under the Policy and Handbook, after expiry of 60
days from the date of such change in his name or constitution, unless in the
- the IEC holder/licencee/status holders has got the consequential changes
affected in the IEC NO/licence or the recognition certificate, as the case may
be , by the concerned licensing authority;
- the Actual User has got the consequential changes affected from the
concerned authority in the industrial licence issued by the Secretariat for
Industrial Assistance (Ministry of Commerce and Industry) or Certificate of
Registration as an Actual User issued by Director of Industries of the State
Government or has received an acknowledgement for filing of a memorandum with
the Secretariat for Industrial Assistance. Provided, however, the licensing
authority issuing the IE Code may, condone the delay on payment of a penalty
However, the change in the director of a public limited company shall not
be considered as a change in the constitution of the company."
- Penalty of Rs.5000/- payable in favour of Licencing office (Jt.D.G.F.T,
Mumbai in case of Mumbai office) by Challan or DD, in case of delay beyond 60
days as per para 9.1(b) of H.B.2002-2007 reproduced above is applicable in the
Change of address of Registered Office of the firm/company.
Note: Date of change of address shall be either the date of
agreement or the date of occupation of the new premises. In case of change of
address of registered office to a branch/factory/residence address of the IEC
holder already included in the IEC, self declaration of the IEC holder
regarding date of change of address will be accepted.
- Change of Partners.
- Change of directors of a Private Limited Company.
- Change of Proprietors in the Proprietorship concern.
- Change of name of the firm/company.
- Change of constitution.
Note: Penalty in case of delay will not be applicable in case of
Inclusion/Deletion of branches/divisions/factory address
- Self addressed envelope affixed with Rs.25/- Postal stamp.
- Original IEC Certificate.
- RBI declaration on the Letter Head as per sr.no.6 of Foot note to
Appendix-3 in case of change of directors/partners/prop./Karta of the
- Self Certified copy of PAN.
10)In case of Mumbai office Submit Documents on the 2nd
floor, North East Wing, IEC Counter, between 10.00a.m. and 12.30p.m. from Monday
(Please tag all the documents to a folder)