NOTIFICATION No. 37 (RE-2008)/ 2004-2009 dated
Regarding lifting ban on export of PUSA-1121 variety of Non-basmati rice (1006)
S.O.(E) In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 5 read with Section 3(2) of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992 (No.22 of 1992) and also read with Para 1.3 and Para 2.1 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2004-2009, the Central Government hereby makes the following amendments to Sl. No. 45A of Notification No.93 (RE-2007)/2004-2009, dated 1ST April, 2008:-
|Sl. No.||Tariff Item HS Code||Unit||Item Description||Export Policy||Nature of Restriction|
|Kg.||Non Basmati Rice||Prohibited except export of PUSA-1121 variety of Non-basmati rice.||Export of PUSA-1121 variety of Non-basmati rice shall be allowed subject
to the following conditions: -
1. Export allowed subject to registration of contracts with APEDA, New Delhi, prior to shipment;
2. Export permitted only if the minimum FOB price is US$ 1200 per ton or Rs. 48,000/- per ton;
3. Export will be restricted through the following ports only:-
(iv) JNPT, Mumbai
(v) Mundra, and
4. Export shall be allowed only with effect from 15th October, 2008 out of paddy procured in KMS 2008-09.
2. Provisions of this Notification shall be applicable from 15.10.2008.
3. All other provisions of the Notification No.93 (RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 1st April, 2008 shall remain unchanged, and shall continue to apply.
4. This issues in public interest.
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
AND EX-OFFICIO ADDITIONAL SECRETARY TO THE GOVT. OF INDIA
(Issued from F.No.01/91/180/846/AM08/Export Cell)
ieport.com - India's Premier portal on DGFT matters