In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 2.4 of the Export and Import Policy, 2002-07, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes the following amendment in the Handbook of Procedures (Vol.1):-
1) The following is added as para 2.21.1 (f) under the heading “ India Afghanistan Preferential Trade Agreement” as under:
A Preferential Trade Agreement between the Transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan and Republic of India was signed on 6th March, 2003 and was operationalised with the issuance of the Customs Notification No 76/2003 dated 13th May, 2003. Export Inspection Council is the sole agency to issue the Certificate of Origin under India Afghanistan Preferential Trade Agreement .
2) The following ports of registration are added in Appendix 4.19 and Appendix 4.40 pertaining to “Port of Registration” :
Sea Ports: Jamnagar
ICD’s : Bhatinda, Dappar, Chheharata ( Amritsar), Karur, Miraj and Rewari
LCS: Jogbani, Nautanva ( Sonauli), Petrapole and Mahadipur
3) The following is added at the end of para 4.40:
The exports made to the following Special Economic Zones (SEZ) are also entitled to DEPB
Santacruz , Kandla, Kochi, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai, FALTA, Surat, NOIDA
4) The following is added as paragraph 4.83 under the heading “Application for DEPB in case of supplies to SEZ” as under:
An application for grant of credit for supplies from DTA to SEZ units shall be made to the Development Commissioner concerned alongwith the following documents:
1. Bank receipt ( in duplicate)/ demand draft evidencing payment of application fee in terms of Appendix 29.
2. A copy of bill of exports issued by Customs in the SEZ.
3. A copy of invoice showing FOR value of supply, DEPB entitlement on such supply and total value realised from such sale.
4. Bank certificate of realisation in the form given in Appendix 22A.
5. Disclaimer certificate from DTA unit declaring that the DTA unit shall not claim any benefit on such supplies and authorising SEZ units to claim DEPB benefit on such supplies.
5) Appendix 10 J given as an Annexure to this Public Notice is added as an “ Application Form for Duty Entitlement Pass Book ( DEPb) on post export basis for DTA supplies to SEZ”.
6) The following country is added in the table under the sub heading “Sub Saharan Africa” of Appendix 17 C pertaining to the “List of Countries, Export to which entitles the grant of Export House Status at Reduced Threshold Limit”
This issues in public interest.
Director General of Foreign Trade