DGFT NOTIFICATION NO. 20 (RE-2003)/ 2002-2007 dated 8.10.2003
Export of Onion
S.O.(E) In exercise of powers conferred by Section 5 of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act,1992 (No.22 of 1992) read with Paragraph 1.1 and 2.4 of the Export and Import Policy, 2002-2007 the Central Government hereby makes the following amendments in the “ITC(HS) Classifications of Export and Import Items, 2002-2007.
2. The entry at code No. 0703 of Schedule 2 of ITC (HS) shall be amended as under:-
Nature of Restrictions
Onion (all varieties) including Bangalore Rose Onions and Krishnapuram Onions.
(i) National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED)
(ii) Maharashtra State Agricultural Marketing Board (MSAMB)
(iii) Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation Ltd. (GALC)
(iv) The Spices Trading Corporation Ltd. (STCL)
(v) The A.P. State Trading Corporation
(vi) The Karnataka State Co-operative Marketing Federation Ltd. (KSCMF)
(vii) The National Co-operative Consumers Federation of India Ltd., (NCCF)
(viii) The North Karnataka Onion Growers Co-operative Society (NKOGCS)
(ix) West Bengal Essential Commodities Supply Corporation (WBECSC) Ltd., Kolkata
(x) M.P. State Agro Industries Development Corporation ((MPSAIDC), Bhopal
(xi) Karnataka State Produce Processing and Export Corporation (KAPPEC), Bangalore
(xii) Madhya Pradesh State Co-operative Oil Seeds Growers Federation Ltd.,
(xiii) The Andhra Pradesh Marketing Federation (AP MARKFED),
subject to conditions laid down by DGFT from time to time
2. The following conditions will apply to all STEs for export of Onions all varieties:
1. The designated STEs can issue NOC to the Associates Shippers and the services charges levied by them for issue of NOC will be to a maximum rate of 1% of the invoice value of export of onion.
2. The STEs are not allowed to levy any other charges except above by way of fees, guarantee or deposits or in any other form whatsoever.
3. All onions exported will be subject to a Minimum Export Price (MEP) fixed by NAFED.
4. The careful selection of exporters is made to eliminate the trading in permits to export onions.
5. The agencies shall ensure that quality of onion is maintained.
6. A weekly report of permits issued shall be provided to NAFED which shall act a nodal agency to keep the Government of India informed of the outflow of onions.
7. Periodic reports of the actual shipment of onion by different agencies be submitted to the Department of Consumer Affairs.
4. This issues in the Public interest.
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
Copy to all concerned, by order etc.